Ok so I love these, they are adorable, and everyone loves oreos. I made this for an orchestra rehearsal and everyone loved them. I highly recommend these as they are a great crowd pleaser!
Prep time: 25 minutes, bake time: 25minutes.
Ingredients: (to make 24 muffins)
- 750gm cream cheese (3 blocks of philidelphia) softened at room temperature
- 1 cup white sugar
- 190ml (3/4 cups) sour cream
- 1/4 cup thickened cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- 32 standard size Oreo cookies
- 24 mini Oreo Cookies
FOR THE WHIPPED CREAM
- 250ml (1 cup) whipping cream
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees celsius ( we want low temperature so it says creamy and doesn’t overcook, but high enough it cooks the eggs)
- using two 12 muffin pans, line each with a muffin liner and then place a standard sized Oreo on the bottom of each one and set aside.
- Using an mixer- mix the cream cheese and sugar together. Then mix in sour cream, heavy cream and vanilla extract. Beat in each egg one at a time.
- Crush up the 8 normal sized Oreo’s and stir them into the batter.
- Scoop the batter into each muffin liner, then bake for 25minutes, until just set or slightly soft (remember soft is ok!). Let it cool to room temperature for at least an hour then refrigerate for 4hours or overnight.
For the whipped cream
- place the cream, sugar, and vanilla essence in a bowl. Whip until stiff peaks form.
- Pipe onto each cheesecake and place a mini oreo on top.
mmm! serve and enjoy