So its been a long long time since my past post. Sorry but I’ve been extremely busy, and unfortunately sick. I managed to fall down the stairs two weeks ago and have pretty much been bed bound 😦 The good news is I’m on the mend and so had the time to make these mmdelicious brownies! They are insanely chocolatey, with cocoa and chocolate, and lots and lots of sugar. In other words the perfect comfort food after a depressing euthanasia tute!
Hope you enjoy 🙂
- 150g unsalted butter
- 300g brown sugar
- 75g cocoa powder, sifted
- 150g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- Pinch of salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 150g milk chocolate, chopped
- Icing sugar, to dust
- Preheat the oven to 190°c
- Melt the butter over a gentle heat in a medium-sized saucepan.
- When it’s melted, add the sugar, stirring with a wooden spoon till blended with the melted butter.
- Sift together the cocoa powder, flour, bicarb and pinch of salt, and then stir into the pan; when mixed (this will be a very dry mixture, and not wholly blended at this stage), remove from the heat.
- In a bowl or jug, whisk the eggs with the vanilla extract and then mix into the brownie mixture in the pan.
- Stir in the chopped chocolate and quickly mix
- Pour into a foil lined tin and bake for 20–25 minutes.
- Remove when it looks set on top, but when you feel the surface, you will sense it is still undercooked underneath and a cake tester will come out wet.
- Transfer the tin to a rack to cool, cut into slices, and when cool dust with icing sugar when cool.
- Serve and enjoy!!!