This is definitely one of the quickest,moistest and mmmdelicious recipes for banana bread that I have ever used. I’ve been making it on the weekend and enjoying it for breakfast every morning since. Hope you all enjoy.
Prep time: 20 mins Cook time: 50 mins
- 2¼ cup plain flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups white sugar
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large bananas, mashed
- 1½ cups strawberries, diced
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celsius. Grease a bread pan and set aside
- In a bowl mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt, then set aside.
- Beat together the sugar, oil, eggs, yogurt, and vanilla. The beat in your bananas and gradually add the flour mixture into the wet mixture until just moistened. Fold in your strawberries.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 1 hour, rotate halfway through cooking, and cover the top with afloat if it starts to brown too much.
- Remove slice, and mmmenjoy!
ok so I’m bored. I’ve been on break for a while now and free time does not do me good. I’m normally constantly on the go with so many insane extracurriculars that I have little time for sleep, but now stranded at home with nothing to do I am dead bored. I can’t even properly cook! I’m back at home for the holidays, so the kitchen doesn’t belong to me, and it honestly isn’t worth the fight to cook in it. I did however get the chance to make this banana bread because the overripe banana’s were bugging my mother enough that I was allowed into her sacred kitchen. Anyway, here’s the recipe hope you enjoy. I love banana bread, and its thick gooeyness, I added chocolate chips as well, because face it who doesn’t love chocolate!
Cooking time: 50 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 200g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 120mls vegetable oil
- 240g plain flour
- 1 tsp bi-carb soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Grease and line a loaf tin
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon into a small bowl.
- In a different bowl whisk together sugar, eggs and oil. Once combined, add the mashed bananas and vanilla and whisk again.
- Add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture, folding it through gently until smooth and combined, add in the chocolate chips and mix until combined.
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for around 50 mins to an hour or until bread is golden and a wooden skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean