I love this dish as it works well with most carbohydrates, you can have it with rice, potatoes, or add pasta to the sauce and have this as a pasta dish. It is simple tasty and can feed up to 6-8 people depending on how much chicken you use.
- 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli flakes, or more, to taste
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup sliced sun dried tomatoes in olive oil, drained
- 1/4 cup freshly grated cheddar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large oven-proof pot over medium high heat. Add chicken, skin-side down, and sear both sides until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side; set aside.
- Melt remaining tablespoon of butter in the pot. Add garlic and chilli flakes, and cook for 1-2 mins, stirring frequently. Stir in chicken stock, heavy cream, sun dried tomatoes, cheese, thyme, oregano and basil.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until slightly thickened, about 3-5 minutes. Return chicken to the skillet.
- Cover and place in the oven and roast for 25-30 minutes until cooked.
- Serve immediately and mmmenjoy