Ok so I love these, they are adorable, and everyone loves oreos. I made this for an orchestra rehearsal and everyone loved them. I highly recommend these as they are a great crowd pleaser!
Prep time: 25 minutes, bake time: 25minutes.
Ingredients: (to make 24 muffins)
- 750gm cream cheese (3 blocks of philidelphia) softened at room temperature
- 1 cup white sugar
- 190ml (3/4 cups) sour cream
- 1/4 cup thickened cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- 32 standard size Oreo cookies
- 24 mini Oreo Cookies
FOR THE WHIPPED CREAM
- 250ml (1 cup) whipping cream
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees celsius ( we want low temperature so it says creamy and doesn’t overcook, but high enough it cooks the eggs)
- using two 12 muffin pans, line each with a muffin liner and then place a standard sized Oreo on the bottom of each one and set aside.
- Using an mixer- mix the cream cheese and sugar together. Then mix in sour cream, heavy cream and vanilla extract. Beat in each egg one at a time.
- Crush up the 8 normal sized Oreo’s and stir them into the batter.
- Scoop the batter into each muffin liner, then bake for 25minutes, until just set or slightly soft (remember soft is ok!). Let it cool to room temperature for at least an hour then refrigerate for 4hours or overnight.
For the whipped cream
- place the cream, sugar, and vanilla essence in a bowl. Whip until stiff peaks form.
- Pipe onto each cheesecake and place a mini oreo on top.
mmm! serve and enjoy
I just couldn’t help making these for easter! Hope you mmmenjoy!
Prep: 30mins, baking time: 30mins batter 15 minutes apple sauce
for the batter
- 250g butter at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups caster sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 4 eggs at room temperature
- 3 cups self raising flour
- 250ml milk
- 3 sheets pre rolled puff pastry
for the apple sauce
- 6 granny smith apples
- 6 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/4 cup water
for the easter egg theme on top!
- fairy floss- I used a fairy floss maker that I got for my 21st bday, however if this is not possible you can easily make a sugar nest from heated sugar and corn syrup
- mini easter eggs- I bought the cadbury candy coated type
- use a circle cutter that is slightly buffer than the cupcake diameters, and cut out 24 circles. Place them in the bottom of the cupcake tray and prick with a fork.
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees celsius. Use beaters to beat the butter, sugar and vanilla essence together until pale in colour. Beat in the eggs, one at a time until combined.
- divide the flour in two batches, and sift and fold in the flour alternating with the milk.
for the apple sauce
- peel and slice the apples. Place in a pot add the water and heat on medium high. Stir constantly until soft then mash in the pot. Add in the sugar and stir to combine.
to make the cupcakes.
- put a heaped teaspoon of apple sauce on top of puff pastry. Then spoon cupcake batter on top until 3/4 full.
- Place in the oven and cook for 15 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Pipe some cream on top, or enjoy it with some icecream
for the easter theme:
- spin the fairy floss and shape into an nest shape and place on top of each cupcake. Place candy eggs on top.