This is definitely one of the quickest,moistest and mmmdelicious recipes for banana bread that I have ever used. I’ve been making it on the weekend and enjoying it for breakfast every morning since. Hope you all enjoy.
Prep time: 20 mins Cook time: 50 mins
- 2¼ cup plain flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups white sugar
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large bananas, mashed
- 1½ cups strawberries, diced
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celsius. Grease a bread pan and set aside
- In a bowl mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt, then set aside.
- Beat together the sugar, oil, eggs, yogurt, and vanilla. The beat in your bananas and gradually add the flour mixture into the wet mixture until just moistened. Fold in your strawberries.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 1 hour, rotate halfway through cooking, and cover the top with afloat if it starts to brown too much.
- Remove slice, and mmmenjoy!
So it’s that time of year again, Chinese New Year time!! Now as many of you do (or maybe you don’t) Yee sang is a traditional dish we have every year to celebrate the new year symbolising goodluck. The food is arranged on the plate, and everyone in the table gets to mix together the dish ( it is also the one time mum lets you play with your food as a child!).
Anyway I find this dish mmmdelicious! and I look forward to it every year, hope you enjoy it too.
Prep time: 30 minutes(can be longer if you chop slower) Cook time: 5 minutes (its all cooked already)
- 3 carrots
- 2 lebanese cucumbers
- 1/4 lettuce
- 2 nectarines
- 500g smoked salmon
- 300gm ham
- 1 orange
- 1 pomelo
- peanuts- around a handful
- won ton skin
- 1/4 cup plum sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- Grate the carrot and arrange on one section the plate, repeat with the cucumber. Shread the lettuce and arrange on the plate as well.
- slice the smoked salmon and place on the plate, slice the ham and also arrange on the plate
- dice the orange, and nectarines and also place on the plate. spread the pomelo and add to the plate
- slice the wonton skin into strips and fry them in a pot of hot oil. Be quick to remove them as they turn from golden to burnt very quickly. Place them in a bowl at the side
- Crush some peanuts and place in a bowl
- Mix the plum sauce, 1 tsp of sugar and a tsp of water together to make the dressing and mix until combined.
The Yee sang is now ready for consumption!! Remember to pour the wanton skin, peanuts and dressing on right before you all mix it together.
thought I’d share a picture of our CNY feast!!