Ok so into the glamorous life of a med student, I have finally changed rotations and have time to cook again!!! So to kick it off I have made some delicious pancakes to celebrate the end to the sleep depriving gen med rotation!
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- mixed berries and sugar
- butter, maple syrup and icing sugar to serve
- Whisk milk, egg and vanilla together.
- Sift flour and bicarbonate of soda into a bowl, stir in the sugar then make a well in centre. mix in the milk mixture until just combined.
- Heat a teaspoon of oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Pour 1/4 cup mixture into frypan and cook until bubbles appear on surface then flip and cook for 3 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover loosely with foil to keep warm and repeat with remaining mixture (If you want to make chocolate chip pancakes sprinkle the chic chips on top of the batter once it has cooked for 1 minute in the pan, this is before you have flipped it. This stops the choc chips from touching the pan and burning.)
- heat the berries either in the microwave or on the stove top and add sugar as needed.
- Plate up the pancakes with butter, berries, maple syrup and icing sugar and mmm enjoy!