mmmcheesecake this is my favourite recipe for cheesecake as it makes a delicious light and fluffy cheesecake, not the usual heavy cheesecakes that most recipes are. Hope you like it 🙂
Preptime: 30 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes + refrigerate over night
for the base
- 250g bkt sweet biscuits
- 125g butter, melted
for the filling
- 500g cream cheese at room temperature
- 165g (3/4 cup) caster sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 lemon, rind finely grated, juiced
- 4 eggs separated
- 125ml (1/2 cup) thin cream
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius, brush a spring form pan with melted butter
to make the base
- process biscuits in a food processor until finely crushed, add i the melted butter and process till combined
- transfer mixture to cake tin and press down with the back of a spoon until it is spread evenly over the base of the pan and 2/3 up the side
To make the filling
- beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla essence in a bowl until creamy. Add lemon rind, lemon juice, egg yolks and crew,. Beat until well combined and light and fluffy.
- Clean the beaters and whisk egg whites in a separate bowl until firm peaks form. Add to the cream mixture and use a large metal spoon to fold it in.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Bake in oven for 40 minutes or until set in the centre.
- Remove from oven to cool completely. THen cover loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove 30 minutes before serving. Cut, serve and enjoy.