ARRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!! Assignment due on monday!!
……………..2640 words later…………..
I’m done!!! And to celebrate I need pancakes!! It’s dinner time at the moment, and after a day of the sun taunting me saying, go to the beach, go to the beach, I NEED PANCAKES! so this is pretty much a repeat recipe, hardly interesting, and identical to previous posts about pancakes but with chocolate chips added. So without further ado here they are.
- 1 cups plain flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg yolks
- 1 egg whites
- 1 cups milk
- 1.5 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (but if you’re in a chocolatey mood feel free to add more!)
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl
- In another bowl whisk together the egg yolks, oil, lemon zest, vanilla, and milk
- in another bowl whisk the egg white till foamy (but not to the point where soft peaks form) then fold into the e.g. yolk mixture
- Whisk the wet mixture into the dry mixture quickly until just combined, then mix in the chocolate chips.
- add oil to a frying pan (just enough that it coats but doesn’t run) and when hot spoon around 1/4 of a cup of the batter (usually one scoop) into the pan. Flip when ready (usually 20- 30 seconds depending on how hot the pan is) and then serve with butter and maple syrup