I love this recipe! It is by far the best cookie recipe that I know, It gives you those fantastic cookies with the slight crunch on the outside but with that gooey filling in the middle. you seriously will be restraining your self from eating these while they cool! I came about this recipe quite perfectly due to the presence of the chunks. See I stored my chocolate chips at the top of the cabinet next to the fridge. Now idiotically enough I didn’t take into consideration that the fridge heats up! So I ended up with a bag of melted chocolate! I of course then completely forgot about the bag, and so it re-solidified but with that lovely white coating that shows you’ve been an idiot and accidentally melted the bag. I didn’t know what the hell to do with the chocolate chips until I stumbled upon this recipe and immediately fell in love with it. So before I go completely off track again here’s the recipe!
Prep time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 10-15 mins
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 160 gm melted unsalted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (raw sugar will also work)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups chocolate chunks! (chocolate chips are fine, or feel free to buy a block and chop away!)
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees celsius. In a bowl ift together the flour baking powder and salt
- in another bowl beat together the melted butter and sugar. Beat in the eggs and then add the vanilla essence and mix till just combined
- slowly beat in the dry mixture until just combined (do not over add, it the mixture has come together do not add any more)
- Stir in the chocolate chips, then roll dough into 3cm diameter balls.
- Place on a lined baking tray and make sure you leave enough space between each ball so they don’t melt onto each other ( at least a 10cm diameter for each cookie) and bake in oven for 15-20 minutes until golden.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on the cookie sheet (do not remove to a drying rack or it will disintegrate on you!